Fully Funded ‘Boost Your Business’ Course Available
What is it?
Boost your Business is a weekend residential course carefully designed to help employed and self-employed people grow the business that they run or work for. It teaches you the skills and knowledge you will need to kick-start that growth, gives you an opportunity to step out of your business for a day or two and think about priorities for it and puts you alongside 40 other people in a similar position to you with whom you can network, learn from and sell to!
Is it really free?
It isn’t free. The learning has a value of about £1,200 and your hotel and meals will also cost money, BUT, it is fully funded, by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the UK’s Skills Funding Agency (SFA) and that means you don’t need to pay a penny. All you need to do is get there and give your time.
What will I learn?
The course covers:
Exploring Enterprise Skills
- Plan and Carry Out and Enterprise Project
- Evaluate Enterprise Project and Skills
- Digital Promotion for Business
- Understanding Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for Business
- Coordinating the use of Digital Media for Business
- Coordinating Offline and Digital Media for Business
- Emergent Digital Techniques for Business
- Producing Digital Promotional Content for Business
- Data Protection and Digital Media for Business
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Digital Promotional Activity for Business
- Understanding Social Media
- Tender writing, developing a PQQ and identifying routes to tender for a business.
- Introduction to the Business Chassis
- Introduction to sales pitches
Where and when?
There will be courses across the area every month. There are a few different venues but details of where you need to go will be sent to you once you have completed enrolment. The first course is expected to be just after Easter, towards the end of April.
You should expect to work hard! The course will start at 0900 on the Friday morning and you’ll work until 2200. On Saturday it’s 0700-2200 and on Sunday its 0700-1600. Don’t worry though, there are plenty of breaks built in and the course is interesting and interactive. You won’t be bored!
Am I eligible?
Yes, if you are:
Employed or self employed
Live in, work in or are seeking work in Northumberland, Tyne and Wear or County Durham
Can my friends, family, colleagues and acquaintances take part too?
Absolutely, provided they meet the eligibility criteria outlined above. Please put them in touch with me and I can get things started for them too.
What happens next?
Tell me if you want to go ahead and I will arrange for you to visit a local centre to undertake a brief literacy and numeracy assessment (not a test, but important so that we know you’ll be ok with the course and can provide any support you might need) and to fill out the enrolment paperwork.
To register your interest or find out more please contact Ashleigh Murphy on 0191 4332604.